- About Us
- Patient & Family Care
- Education & Events Caregiver Classes Online Education The BAI Beacon Newsletter Resources & Care T.I.P.S. Support Groups Community Events Life Enrichment Programs Native American Outreach Program Speakers Bureau
- Research & Clinical Trials
- For Medical Professionals
- Support Our Mission
- News & Media
Resources & Care T.I.P.S.
Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease impacts every aspect of daily life. The Family and Community Services team has gathered a variety of resources to assist and support you as care for your loved one at every stage. We encourage you to explore these options as well as to look for others that best address your loved one’s individual needs.
Care T.I.P.S. for caregivers
Our team provides practical tips for caregivers with its Care T.I.P.S. (Try Including Practical Strategies) series. Each card covers a situation faced frequently by caregivers and provides strategies to address the situation.
Below are the cards for you to print and keep for future use.
Researching your options
Considering adult day care programs, assisted living centers, transportation options and elder law attorneys? The following documents provide options for you to research.
At the Crossroads: Family Conversations about Alzheimer’s Disease, published by The Hartford
Additional information is available on the following topics upon request.
- Questions to Ask When Considering In-Home Care
- Personal Family Checklist
- In-Home Care Agencies (Non-Medical)
- Live Alone Assessment
- How to Choose a Residential Facility
- Questions to Ask an Assisted Living Facility
- Senior Centers
- Volunteer Agencies
- Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS)
- VA Aid & Assistance
Banner Alzheimer’s Institute
Phone (602) 839-6850
Banner Sun Health Research Institute
Phone (623) 832-3248
Advance directives & life care planning
The Arizona Attorney General’s Office provides advance directive forms and life care planning information. The forms are free and comply with Arizona law. Look for the forms and more on the Arizona Attorney General’s website.
Get your Navigator Guide!
Check out this card to learn more about Navigating through Memory Loss: A guide for patients and families. The Guide addresses the basic and ongoing medical, emotional, social and financial needs of the person with dementia. Each Guide costs $20, plus shipping.
Phone (602) 839-6850