Refer a Patient
Because of its internationally recognized expertise in both Alzheimer's disease research and care, Banner Alzheimer's Institute (BAI) is a destination center for patients with cognitive concerns.
Our staff works with primary care physicians and referring specialists to provide a comprehensive standard of care for patients and their families.
Referring a patient is easy. Simply:
- Complete a consultation request form and fax to (602) 839-6906 or
- Call us at (602) 839-6900.
Each patient receives a 90-minute initial evaluation with BAI experts that includes:
- Detailed medical history
- Physical examination
- Cognitive battery to evaluate memory abilities and thought processes
- Overall assessment and plan.
Our experts may also recommend and conduct additional tests, including laboratory work and brain imaging scans.
Doctors can now refer patients to our Medical Imaging Center for a variety of neurological tests.
When the BAI team reaches a diagnosis, we develop an individualized treatment plan and share it with the referring physician as well as family members and caregivers.
The recommended approach to care may include:
- Drug-based therapies
- Engagement in family and community services
- Participation in state-of-the-art research, including studies of experimental treatments in clinical trials available through BAI.
Most patients and families who come to BAI choose to have us provide their ongoing dementia-related care, although we are happy to provide a comprehensive plan of care to the patient's primary care physician.
BAI makes hope and help possible now.