- About Us
- Patient & Family Care
- Education & Events
- Research & Clinical Trials GeneMatch Types of Research Studies Studies Currently Enrolling Research Study Participation FAQs Brain Imaging Research Genomics Research
- For Medical Professionals
- Support Our Mission
- News & Media
Click here to go directly to the RSVP Form
What is GeneMatch?
GeneMatch is a national program led by the Banner Alzheimer’s Institute that:
- Recruits participants for Alzheimer’s prevention studies.
- Uses genetic testing (through free cheek swab kits) to match volunteers with research opportunities.
- Advances Alzheimer’s research by helping scientists find enough qualified participants to launch new studies.
Eighty percent of research studies don’t complete enrollment on time, because they can’t recruit enough volunteers. We hope to prevent those delays.
What you need to know:
Your information will stay secure and confidential. Only GeneMatch will have access to your encrypted information. Your testing results will not be added to your medical records.
You can opt out of GeneMatch at any time. If we find a study opportunity that you qualify for, it’s entirely up to you whether or not you join. You are under no obligation to participate.
You will not necessarily learn your test results. Some studies may ask you to learn the results of your genetic testing; others will not.
How can I learn more?
Sun City Campus
GeneMatch Information Session
Join us for a GeneMatch information session sponsored by Banner Alzheimer’s Institute-Banner Sun Health Research Institute.
These sessions are free, but require an RSVP.