- About Us
- Patient & Family Care
- Education & Events
- Research & Clinical Trials GeneMatch Types of Research Studies Studies Currently Enrolling Research Study Participation FAQs Brain Imaging Research Genomics Research
- For Medical Professionals
- Support Our Mission
- News & Media
Click here to go directly to the RSVP Form
What is GeneMatch?
GeneMatch is a national program led by the Banner Alzheimer’s Institute that:
- Recruits participants for Alzheimer’s prevention studies.
- Uses genetic testing (through free cheek swab kits) to match volunteers with research opportunities.
- Advances Alzheimer’s research by helping scientists find enough qualified participants to launch new studies.
Eighty percent of research studies don’t complete enrollment on time because they can’t recruit enough volunteers. We hope to prevent those delays by connecting researchers to individuals ready and interested in research through GeneMatch, which pairs research-ready participants with studies based in part on their genetics.
What you need to know:
GeneMatch is a program for individuals ages 55 – 75 with normal memory and thinking who are interested in participating in Alzheimer’s research based in part on their APOE genetic information. Your information will stay secure and confidential. Only GeneMatch will have access to your de-identified information. Your testing results will not be added to your medical records.
You can opt out of GeneMatch at any time. If we find a study opportunity that you qualify for, you will be invited to participate. You are under no obligation to participate; the decision is entirely up to you whether you accept the research invitation.
You will not learn your test results from GeneMatch. Some studies may ask you to learn the results of your genetic testing as part of the research study; others may not.
How can I participate?
Banner Alzheimer’s Institute and Banner Sun Health Research Institute are providing you the opportunity to join researchers in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease. To get started, contact one of our participating sites:
Sun City Campus
Join us for a swabbing event near you to enroll in GeneMatch and meet our team. RSVP to the session of most convenience, or simply request a free cheek swab kit by registering online.